Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys And Gals Any Body Out There Who May Be Able To Help Me ,my 172 Has No Heater Motor Have Tried New Heater Motor ,new Rissitor Pack Still The Fan Dont Work I F You Short Out The Rissitor Pack The Fan Works ,have Checked Fuses In Car Is There Any Nown Faults As This Is Costing Me A Fortune Have Checked Feeds And Earth Wires As Best As Could Without Cfd I Am A Mechanic So This Has Baffled Me ,please Any Help,thanks Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
The resistor pack going on a 172 clio is common!

The resistor pack went on mine, and i couldnt control the speed, but by bypassing it, the fan stayed on contantly, so i knew it was the resistor at fault.

If you still don't have a fan and all fuses and wires have been checked i would assume its possible the heater matrix? Have you tried that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The resistor pack going on a 172 clio is common!

The resistor pack went on mine, and i couldnt control the speed, but by bypassing it, the fan stayed on contantly, so i knew it was the resistor at fault.

If you still don't have a fan and all fuses and wires have been checked i would assume its possible the heater matrix? Have you tried that?
TAR MINX FOR THE HELP HAVE TRIED BOTH RESISTOR PACK AND HEATER MOTOR HAVE BY PASSED SO WORKS ONLY ON 1 SPEED NOW NOW HAVE DASH PROBLEMS SO HAVE TRADED CAR THANKS FOR HELP .PAUL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike

Cheers For Help Mike ,yes Does Have Aircon Have Checked All Wires From Heater Motor To Resister Pack, Have Renewed Both Now Have Dash Problem No More Trip ,mpg Only Flashing I No U Can Reset Dash But Dont No How ,have Traded Car But Would Like To Sort These Faults Out Befor Car Goes As Not The Sort To Stich Any Body Up .thanks Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tar Minx Have Renewed Both Heater Motor And Resitor Pack Have Bypassed Now Runs 1 Speed Now Have Dash Problems As Well So Have Traded Car Thanks For Help.paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts