Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just wondering if anyone has changed an engine in one of these I currently have a 1647cc petrol but was wondering what other engines could go in wouldn't mind a newer diesel engine. Thanks in advance

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,395 Posts
There's quite a few questions about this

Are you intending to keep the gearbox? or get an adapter plate? or swap entire engine and gearbox?
What gearbox type have you got?
Are you doing the job yourself or entrusting work to workshops?
Are you prepared for making up additional wiring looms as required?
Your van is old ... is it rusty and tired or a good one so that it's worth the hassle?
What kind of driving are you aiming to do?

The space in the engine bay is very generous so nearly anything should fit depending on your wallet and skills.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There's quite a few questions about this

Are you intending to keep the gearbox? or get an adapter plate? or swap entire engine and gearbox?
What gearbox type have you got?
Are you doing the job yourself or entrusting work to workshops?
Are you prepared for making up additional wiring looms as required?
Your van is old ... is it rusty and tired or a good one so that it's worth the hassle?
What kind of driving are you aiming to do?

The space in the engine bay is very generous so nearly anything should fit depending on your wallet and skills.
hi new to forum
im looking to change engine on Renault trafic mk1 autosleeper. Any straight info would help .
If ant one has retro fitted what engine should i look at and why

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
im open to any combination. and info for adapter plate suplier or home made advice . or change gearbox. just mad trying to get parts in uk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts