Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van's heater motor gave up on me at Easter - stopped turning - got hot (and smelly) - but didn't pop the fuse!
I reckon the beast is too old to get a new motor (no, not the missus!) so unless one of yous has got one to offer for sale, what does anyone reckon to having the motor rewound?
Any suggestions welcome.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi its not that big of a job to do but if your keeping the van over the next winter i would tend to buy one from a breakers yard if you can get your hands on one and replace it yourself for the winter coming in but its up to you i hope this helps all the best Donald

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Glenda - will take that on board.
The puzzling bit is that the fan blades will spin freely by hand!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hya G,
Found the site and phone no. - and guess what , they re only round the corner from me! Have the motor in stock too!

Your'e a gem in a mine of information!

Dave f

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, new here and owned my ex-welsh ambulance camper conversion master for three months .now midwinter .the heater hasn`t worked since day one and i`m freezing i`ve bled the highest bleed point with no effect.. My main problem with this stems from the fact that in the offside of the engine compartment is a cylindrical fitting with electical contacts and what looks like a gloplug. Pipes go from this mystery fitting to water system but i know not the purpose or function of this. my backyard mechanic took one look and said "cant help you mate" and this is my first diesel so I am not sure what I am looking at most of the time. I cant find a manual on the net that gives me this info. Any help with my anti hypothermia campaign will be welcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts