Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, i have searched the forums and found loads of posts about the resistor pack and lower blower motor not working, how ever my problem is that i have all Motor speeds except full speed is this still a risistor pack fault?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Yes sounds very like it there is another thread further down the list tonight on another car but iam sure it will be the same resister pack and this might help

Laguna heater blower motor resister

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, check the heavy fuses at the airfilter in the engine bay, its likely to be one of those, youll find the details in the previous posts.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
If the resistor pack goes you only lose the lower 4 settings - the fast setting still works. The multiplug on the outside of the fan housing is a troublesome area. Unplug both halves and look inside for signs of burning. The most reliable way of fixing is to hardwire the connections or use bullet type crimp connectors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
similar problem

I really need help with a similar problem , the heater on my renault espace suddenly started blowing on full last week and wouldnt adjust at all , it even stayed on when I turned off the engine so I had to disconnect , bought a new switch for dashboard and when I switched it over heater now turns off and on but only works on first speed , not sure whether this is resistor as previous posts suggest resistor fault results in heater only blowing on full speed, please help , thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I really need help with a similar problem , the heater on my renault espace suddenly started blowing on full last week and wouldnt adjust at all , it even stayed on when I turned off the engine so I had to disconnect , bought a new switch for dashboard and when I switched it over heater now turns off and on but only works on first speed , not sure whether this is resistor as previous posts suggest resistor fault results in heater only blowing on full speed, please help , thanks.
Hi i beleive on the resister pack there are soldering points on it and they tend to braek up check to see if the soldered points are all ok and not cracked or broken i hope this help all the best Donald

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the resistor pack goes you only lose the lower 4 settings - the fast setting still works. The multiplug on the outside of the fan housing is a troublesome area. Unplug both halves and look inside for signs of burning. The most reliable way of fixing is to hardwire the connections or use bullet type crimp connectors.
Sorry its taken a while to reply but to the point

THANKS!

all heater speeds working again :beer:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there ,.. Im having trouble with my heater blower also . It was Only working on Setting 4 But now it has stopped workin all together , although it still makes some noises .Theres a Clicking sounmd from Relay tray that sits on the right hand side just under the water tank .Also eth Mechanism seems to move somewhat and makes noise . Iv taken the Unsulation foam off and unplugged all 3 connector blocks .. (The lefthand side had a 2 pin connector ,Right hand side has Two . 1 with 2 pin connector and 1 with 5 Pin connector ).Iv wired Both of the 2 pin plugs directlly to the battery and still everything stays the same ?.. Also iv noticed that there is some burning on the 5 pin connector ( Female end )

Does this mean that somthing has blown ?

All the posts iv read here all seem to point to the resistor pack being at fault . Can some one please verify if this may be the case here .. Im thinkin maybe teh Motor itsself .. ?

Thanks Again guys : D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts