Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a N reg 1995 1.8RN

Can anyone enlightem me on how to re code both my key fobs ? The battery has died and is on charge again at the moment may even have to get a new one, problem is both my key fobs have now stopped working ? When the battery is connected via jump leads i can fire the engine but as you all know it dies within seconds, the centrol locking works from inside the car by pressing the button near the handbrake, but the key fobs won't allow me to lock /unlock th car from outside ? ive changed the both sets of batteris in the fobs but still doesn't work :(
So before i head off to the main dealers and spend a futune does anyone know how to re code the fobs to my car

thanks in advance
Tiny ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've been told by renault that the keys on my 95 laguna and i would imagine yours as well reprogram themself every time you use them, whats happened is prob the same as mine, the immobiliser is on constantly, now for the fix, this worked on mine but may or may not on yours.disconnect the battery for a few hours, overnight even, then reconnect and try to start, if it doesn't start and the injector warning light flashes constantly then turn off, lock and unlock the car using the plip (the button on the key) then try. if this works let me know and i'll guide you thru the rest, be warned if it does work DO NOT use the key to lock all doors using the button, manualy lock all doors and lock the drivers door with the key in the keyhole, if you use the button on the key it will reset the immobilser again and you will have the same problem later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts