Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 96 Meg 1.4e and the radio and clock have not worked since I bought it 7-8 months ago. After reading these forums I have managed to get to the display to find the bulb behind the clock has blown but can't see a bulb for the radio display(only two wiring connectors)!

Is there a bulb behind the radio display? If not would a blown clock bulb cause the radio display to stop working?

When I start the car(when it starts!) the facia of the radio lights up(all the buttons glow nicely) but I am presuming that at some stage the radio has been removed and now needs me to input the code, but because the display doesn't work I can't see what numbers I am inputting!!

Any help with this greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Missing clock/radio dispaly 2001 megane 1.6 cab.

I have a similar problem, all of a sudden i have a completely blank display where my time used to be. My radio/CD player works fine, but i get no info on the display at all, not even lighting up. Any help most appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No, not yet, I was planning to remove the dash at the weekend!
Since then, in the light of the day, i have noticed that the display is actually still there but very very faint. Are there any bulbs behind the display? Any idea how to change them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, checked all plugs going to radio(all fine) checked and found broken bulb behind clock in dash but can still see the time on the clock, all be it it's feint!

What exactly does the bulb behind the clock illuminate? or does it just make the clock brighter?

Had the dashboard off over the weekend and checked all the connections for the stereo and all are ok?

So why can't I see the radio display? Is there not a bulb behind the radio display at all? All I could see were two, inch long multipin type plugs plugged into the back of where the radio should be displaying.

This is probably really simple but I can't figure it out.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i was told if y ou replace the original radio cassette player than the info will not appear on the clock screen, only the time will. As for the brightness there should be a dial near to the dip/dim control for the lights which increases or decreases the brightness of all dashlights

1 - 10 of 10 Posts