Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as above locked it with remote and then few days later central locking wouldnt remote unlock so undid it by drivers door an dnone other opened now both remotes dont work no wipers drivers window and no indicators or hazards, all fuses seem ok even the big ones by the battery ,

any ideas please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on my clio if i dotn dearm immobliser the wipers windows and indicators all still work but on the megane theses have stopped is that becasue its goen out of sink or is it like a main relay or somethingg?

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
There are two types of immobilising and it will depend on the age and model of the car. One type of imobiliser allows the ignition to be activated (wipers, indicators will work) but the engine will not start. Another type of immobilser prevents the ignition system from being activated plus the engine and other systems cannot be activated. I'm can't tell exactly what type you have unfortunately. I know this info isn't much help but it may help in finding out what is wrong. The type of systems can vary between different models and ages.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
took it to a mate who runs a renault speacalist and he found a bad connection on the power to the circuits,

thanks for help everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts