Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i drive a 97 megane, and its been making a terrible noise for a while now. quite loud coming from the fromt, somebody has suggested it could be the wheel bearing.. and now its started making a squealing noise which is quite worrying!

is it just the wheel bearing? and how much is it likely to cost me? also how urgent is it to get it fixed?

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Hi benthomas - have you checked the brakes - could be a bad disc or worn pads. Wheel bearigs usually whine or rumble before they start to squeal - if its a bearing it's probably not too far from the point of collapsing - If it were mine I would get it seen to ASAP. Good Luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now it gets even worse... it keeps popping out of gear.. could the whiny noise be to do with this, or just another ¤¤¤¤ up from my ¤¤¤¤y renault!

i will never ever buy a renault again.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
how many miles on the clock - when I buy a second hand car I always ask myself this queston. - Why is the last owner geting rid of it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, funny you should ask, i did check the millage when i bought it, 86000 ish, only thing is... i didnt notice on the test drive that neither the spedo nore millage guage worked... hence in 1 year.. i have done 0.04 miles according to the mile-ometer!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
how many miles on the clock - when I buy a second hand car I always ask myself this queston. - Why is the last owner geting rid of it.
True, but don't put people off buying high milage cars. I bought my Lag with 119K on the clock and it's in tip-top condition:cool: . I reckon the previous owner of my Lag sold it coz he couldn't suss out where the damned leak was eminating from of which he didn't tell me about:mad:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Hi Scatz - I drive a 1994 Clio diesel and wasn't trying to put people of buying high mileage cars - but I think your answer about the leaks, etc., answers my question. And Benthomas buying a car with a busted speedo – also looks suspicious. Maybe I’m just an old cynic. Caveat emptor and all that (buyer beware).

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
busted speedo...now that is one I would avoid at all costs, even if it were a pretty young lady selling......maybe not, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts