Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all fellow Clio owners.

I recently bought a 1998 Clio 3rd hand and it's in pretty good order, runs fine etc, just a few dents on the outside which I can deal with.

There is one problem that is rather irritating. The central locking won't work using the keyfob. I know the mechnisms are ok because the button inside the car works fine, locks and unlocks all the doors. The key fob itself lights up when pressed too.

Following advice on this forum I opened up the panel containing the receiver and it's wrecked, judging from what I've read here it seems to be water damage from the sunroof or aerial hole.

The wires and plug are both in perfect condition, however the circuit board itself is totally wrecked. It actually looks as though it has been on fire at some point, as some of the plastic has melted and there are small black scorch marks! :eek:

Is there any way of getting a replacement one? I had a look on ebay (UK) but no luck.

Is it the sort of thing I could find in a scrap yard and just plug it into my car and have a working system or does it require a specific circuit board for my vehicle?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

D

·
0 Posts
A replacement one would need coding to your keyfob, or vice versa so wouldn't be plug and play unless you got the key fobs with the replacement unit.

Cheapest option would be an aftermarket alarm / immobiser

1 - 2 of 2 Posts