Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 Espace 2.2 TD. My kids left one of the windows open and appear to have blown the stereo. We have tried in vain to find where Renault put it but to no avail. It is one of these built in ones with the DC changer at the back. Does anyone know where we can find it as it does not shut off and keeps draining the battery

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
under the drivers seat as far as i know.
you can use the hand control stalk to turn it off, the top button held in for a few seconds should turn it off.:)

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
As Espaced said, the unit is under the driver's seat (6 torx bolts to remove).

If it is simply 'off' is should say so on the display. It can be turned on by pessing and holding the top button on the remote for a few seconds.

I'm assuming the you don't mean the cassette player. If you had one of those, it would be in the glovebox.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I have now located the stereo, which was under the drivers seat as you stated, cheers. I think I can see what the problem is. Where they left the window open a load of water got into the control unit under the seat as the unit looks like it has suffered from water damage so it is probably pretty useless now.

I assume I will have to get the exact model number as a replacement if I want to continue to be able to use the controls on the steering column?

It is a pioneer stereo control until model number SCU-2056zrn. So far I have had no luck with the local breakers so I will start looking further afield. Does anyone know any good places to source parts like this?

Thanks in advance for your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts