Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just joined the Forum having purchased a 1998 Megane Scenic 1.9 RT DTi. 7 days ago. The dealer has given me hastle over some issues with the car and I am reluctant to go back. The major problem is gear changing- selecting 2nd while on the move, 3rd to2nd, and 2nd to 1st when stationary. I would appreciate any views on a possible cause- selector adjustment, clutch etc. Incidentally the clutch operation seems very heavy, is this normal? ( Having drove a Volvo s70 with a featherweight clutch!) Any replies would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi chris m, many thanks for your reply.I will try the dealer and see his reaction but the hassle I had on the day after purchase regarding 2 dodgy tyres doesn't leave me optimistic.
Regards

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If the clutch is heavy,then it's worn.This could be part of the problem with your gear selection.

Also,the gear selector linkage bushes can wear causing a similar problem.

I'd get the car back to the dealer asap with the list of faults,and if they don't want to know,ask for your money back or contact Trading Standards.

Keep us up to date on developments.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
had the same problem

:crazy: hi I bought my scenic 98 1.6 rt a few weeks ago, all started well then had problems with the gears especially the reverse , took it to my local garage said that it was clutch failing cost me £280 to put right just out of curiosity i called my local renault garage they wanted £500 , drives really well now , but know i have leak from the sunroof control console :steam: (when it rain it poors )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts