Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers door panel became loose and has now completely snapped and come completely away from the door exposing all the electrics. I phoned my local renault dealer and I was quoted £210 for the door panel plus £90 fitting!!!!!

I am looking at getting a door panel from my local breakers Yard. Could somebody please advise me how to remove the door panel and fit a new one. All the clips holding it onto the door have also snapped. Help!!!!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to the forums.

I've removed door trims from a few Renaults (as part of my job, I need access for dent removal).

Your car may differ slightly, but (usually), there are a couple of Torx screws securing the door trim (one in the grab handle - under a cover; the other in the internal door handle aperture - again, under a cover) - there may be another around the edge of the trim - but you'll be able to spot that.

There are a series of plastic pop studs which need careful levering (use a flat-headed screwdriver against a cloth, and work your way around the frame). You will then need to feed the internal door handle aperture through the hole in the trim & the same goes for the switches.

Fitting is basically the opposite order - ensure that all the stud openings are clear of any broken studs from the original trim beforehand.

Hope that helps.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
As Velsatisfied above, there are definitely 3 or 4 at the bottom of the door trim (most likely 4) and I think there is 1 in the door grab underneath a small circular cover (the cover might be missing by now!)

There is also a big plastic screw at the top front edge (wher the door shuts) but I can't remeber if that needs to be reomoved or not. You may need to remove the door mirror cover though (pulls off I think, but gentl does it!)

The rest is those pop thingies, so it should pull off, but remember to disconnect the window switch and the wiring. If it is a phase 1, then you will need to take off the door locking pin as well. There is a recess thing that you push in with a small flat screw driver and the square peg type 'pin' can be pulled off. If however it is a phase 2 (i.e. facelift model) then it won't have those pins anyway.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
If I remember correctly there are also some screws behind the speaker housing under the speaker grill which should also be removed.
Regards Leroy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts