Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the check engine/diagnostic light lit on my dashboard lastnight, restarting the engine did not re illumintae it. But in the meantime before it possibly comes back, could somebody tell me how to get the trouble codes from the car and give me a link to code lists please?

For info the car has the F9Q engine.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Ideally,to access the codes you need to take it to an independant garage with the right equipment.There are leads and programmes available on eBay to connect to a lap top,but experiences with these vary greatly....

If the right code reader is used it should tell you what each code means,but if your having trouble I should be able to give you more info on a code from the number that is given.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks lagdti, I was sort of hoping I could connect some wires under the dash and get the codes, like I could on my Impreza before I changed to an after market ECU.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It could still be possible,but I have never had any experience of checking codes this way,so I can't really offer any constructive advise....sorry.:eek:

But,like I said,if you do get the codes from the ECU I should be able to idenify them for you.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lagdti, no I didnt. I couldnt find a way of getting the fault codes. The check engine light comes on normally during the first 30 secs - 1min of running and the car goes into limp home mode. I've checked the glow plugs and they all seem ok. The limp home mode clears after a few seconds though so havent looked into this any further.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts