Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Apologies if the answer is elsewhere but I've looked through and couldn't find anything.

I believe my clutch is quite possibly on it's way out which is rather frustrating as I've just bought the damn thing but anyway problem is thus...

It has a high bite point with not a lot of travel to the top and I noticed that when flooring it in gear (and well away from the clutch) that it rev's high before the power comes on. This seems to happen in a variety of gears, 2nd, 3rd, 5th (poss 4th but didn't happen to test it this evening on my commute home)

So I realise my clutch is slipping but is it a case of yup it's dead get a new one or is it an adjustable solution? Being quite a simpleton in the world of car mechanics could it be a case of that my clutch isn't fully engaging (as it's so high up) therefore it explians why it's slipping?

What do we reckon then oh wise people? New clutch needed? Any clues on likely total cost?

Many thanks in advance for any help given!

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi yes clutch without a dout if your buying the clutch from a motor factors i guess would be about £60-£90 a guess and a normal independent garage i would say about £250 labour another guess i hope this helps keep us post to the cost and repair cheers all the best Donald.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts