Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On friday night my daughter called saying she had broken down in her Clio. She had called the AA (another long story!!) who eventually relayed her back to our local garage.

Next morning I went down to see what the guys had found out only to be told 'it's teminal' - apparantly a conrod had smashed it's way out leaving a nice hole out of which oil was pouring at an alarming rate.

This is a 99 Clio 1.2 8v and her first car - she bought it last April and not long after was facing a bill for £700 because the camshaft belt snapped and bent teh valves.

The guy at the garage said it would be a pity to scrap it as it is such a lovely car in all other respects - he recommend buying a used engine which he said he would fit for £300
labour.

Needless to say my daughter is heartbroken and as any Dad would do I want to help her as much as I can - that being said there is no way iIam insuring her for my Audi!!! :)

My question - does anyone know where we can locate a used Clio engine? -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WElcome to the forum. Have you tried shop 4 parts (one of the advertisers on site) or a local breakers may have one.
What area are you in?

Thanks Chris - I am a bit in the sticks, so local breakers are few and far between. Live in Oakham in Rutland.

I have already tried a couple of the online places and had a look in ebay - but I was just wondering if there was one particular place people on the forum recommended

1 - 5 of 5 Posts