Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting Motor

Hi everyone,
My car has made a funny noise whilst starting the last few days and last night filling up at a garage would not start at all. In the end i had to be pushed down a hill for it to start again. I managed to get it home and alot of ppl are telling me its the starting motor. Its started a couple of times this morning but i dont wanna take the chance of driving it incase it happens again.
Can anyone tell me wer i can get one plz ? and how long the job is to fit it etc. would like to pick up a used one if possible. Really vital that i find one today as ive got a long journey to do tonight.:(
Thank you all in advance

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Sorry, not really sure where the starter motor is on the Clio but are normally relatively easy to get to! Once you know what it looks like you'll spot it easy enough!! If you are handy with a spanner it shouldn't take to long as it's literally a case of removing old and replacing with new!

Getting hold of a second hand one at short notice will be more difficult unless you got one in a scrap yard nearby. Even then, there'll be no guarantee that it won't fail tomorrow or even tonight!

I would suggest biting the bullet and getting a new one from your local motor factors!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@scatz

Cheers , Been in touch with a few places and can have one delivered in a couple of days. Dont think i can get it done today which is a bit of a nightmare.
Thanks for the response :d

P

·
0 Posts
Make sure that you get the right one....irrc the switch between the 8 valve and the 16 valve engines happened around then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts