Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i was recently putting my roof down and the battery died, now the roof doesnt work i managed to get it to go up but now when i turn handle push roof up i get 1 beep thats normal then the back window lifts up but then stops and beeps. i did pull the cord in the boot does that have something to do with it?
so the compartment where the roof folds into wont open i just get a beep. please can someone help

·
Registered
2 Posts
No expert here but we have a similar problem. You say you pulled the cord in the boot which we are advised to do by Renault but is unfortunately almost the 'point of no return' from a 200 quid part from the Renault dealer. By pulling the cord you disconnect a cam in the locking mechanism which Renault claims can't be re-set and they then try to sell you a new lock mechanism. However, the cam can be re-set quite easily if you remove the lock that the cord is attached to. For clearer details of how to do this, type Renault Cabriolet electric roof or something similar into google and a page will pop up with how to mend the bloody thing. Begining to wish I had stuck with BMW!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts