Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, I have been advised to change the TDC sensor on my V6 Laguna. However I cannot find it! I have attached a picture of the sensor & the engine bay area I have been told it is in. I have circled the connector I think it might be but that has 3 connections & is a different shape to the sensor I have just bought with 2 connections.

Could someone please tell me if

1. I have the right sensor &
2. Am I looking in the right place!

Cheers, Barry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi are you saying that its connector it should go into is different shape and does not fit/? if so i would think that they have changed the part you will have to take it back and explain this that the old one your taking out its connector is different i hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Donald,
What I mean is that I am not sure I am looking in the right place, as you can see from the picture the cable from the ringed connector dissappears behind various bits & pieces and it may be the right one but I am unsure. It could take some time, effort & need new gaskets etc just to find out if it is the right sensor I am looking at.

I posted the pic of the sensor I have bought so that someone could hopefully tell me whether it is the right one or not.

If it is the right one the connecter I have been looking at is not the right one.

If it is the wrong sensor I am looking at the right connecter (hopefully) and have the wrong sensor!

I hope this makes a bit more sense:) :)

Barry

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Okay, I've never done one of these, but I assume that the TDC is operated by the flywheel.

If I've got my bearings right, that's more likely to be the other green connector to the left of the one you've circled.

If not, then feel free to tell me to shut up :p

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Barry it looks very like thats where the tdc top dead sensor goes but on saying that the plug that is on your new tdc sensor does not match the old one on the car???

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Ok the sensor you brought is the TDC. Renault have recently changed the wiring plug on it, but another member who got one of the new ones cut the plug off the old one and spliced it onto the new one and hey presto.

As for the location, I'm not too sure with the Lag V6 but that looks well out to me. The TDC is located above the flywheel. This is to the passenger side of the engine where it joins the clutch bellhousing.

Which side was the photo taken from?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts