Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

My laguna is coming up to 130,000 miles and was wondering if anyone on the forum knows of anything I should be looking out for.

Service history is good, now having an oil and filter change every 6000 or so, recent pads all round, just flew through MOT aand goes like a bleeder!

BUT!

Is there anything to watch out for now? I know the 2.0 dci's are not as prone to gremlins as the 1.9, and there is no cambelt to worry about, however I do worry about this as I have to have the car to get to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Hi there, my 2.0dci is just about to hit 128,000 and like yours, just sailed the mot, mine is still running like brand new, what a great engine !!

As part of your full service history, the cam chain would have been inspected at 110,000 mile, so nothing to worry about there, also at the same time, the auxillary belt would have been changed

i study the forum looking for problems that i might run into, and though the 1.9 has had many, i cant find many for the 2.0 dci, though i did read someone complaining that it made a bleep noise as the car locked as he walked away lol, if thats the worsed of it, im happy

i only do about 6000 mile a year now, so the oil gets changed every 6000, and plan to keep it for another 2.5 years

i cant find anything that doesnt work on the car as it should, well, maybe the auto wipers, sometimes i think they have a mind of their own,but i love the car, and am confident that it will go on and on, with trouble free motoring, i guess time will tell

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments, I bought the car a year ago and have put 18000 on it, which is going to be the same every year, and was worried about it after previous laguna experiences!

I'm glad I chose it over the Mondeo, something a bit different and all that!

My laguna does do odd things, including the beeps, sat nav oddities (sorted with new disc from ebay) but hasn't let me down at all (touch wood).

I have to say that it looks better for the mileage than our Vectra, which is increasingly being held together by cable ties!

If anyone else has any input, that would be great!:beer:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi there, my 2.0dci is just about to hit 128,000 and like yours, just sailed the mot, mine is still running like brand new, what a great engine !!

As part of your full service history, the cam chain would have been inspected at 110,000 mile, so nothing to worry about there, also at the same time, the auxillary belt would have been changed

i study the forum looking for problems that i might run into, and though the 1.9 has had many, i cant find many for the 2.0 dci, though i did read someone complaining that it made a bleep noise as the car locked as he walked away lol, if thats the worsed of it, im happy

i only do about 6000 mile a year now, so the oil gets changed every 6000, and plan to keep it for another 2.5 years

i cant find anything that doesnt work on the car as it should, well, maybe the auto wipers, sometimes i think they have a mind of their own,but i love the car, and am confident that it will go on and on, with trouble free motoring, i guess time will tell
that is great to see a diesel laguna 2 with high miles without problems. :d hope you have many more happy miles...

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
im betting there are loads of high milage 2.0 dci lag II's out there running just as well :d

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've a 1.9 almost same milage but has more of it's fair share of problems to keep in on road
Turbo replaced year ago
Both front springs at different times
Air con
Abs Rear brakes
Turned off tire sensors as always acting up
Front ball joints
Both front electric windows
Fan controller switch twice
Just done rear bushes this weekend
has full dealer service history up until
Last year when it failed road test and I decided to repair it myself as lost confidence in Renault dealer
My experience is not unsimilar to other laguna II owners. It's was refreshing to realise some, even if only a small majority are luckily to have trouble free laguna II

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just dawned on me your the newer laguna 2007 model
Renault had 7 years to improve this model
So you have newer turbo etc.....
You might miss out on all the troubles of the early laguna II.

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
yes, it has the same engine as the newer lag III, and also got rid of the cambelt, its chain driven, when they face lifted the car, they certainly did a good job :d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts