Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

my engine makes a continuous clicking noise it can differ in how loud it is by being turned down then turned up.

i have been told it is something to do with what are called engine shims in the engine and it is very time consuming and expensive job to put right.

once i started my car up and there was no clicking sound at all.

any advice?

evan.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi,

my engine makes a continuous clicking noise it can differ in how loud it is by being turned down then turned up.

i have been told it is something to do with what are called engine shims in the engine and it is very time consuming and expensive job to put right.

any advice?

evan.

so the noise seems to be coming from the engine or behind the engine or maybe rather underneath the engine.

if you can give me the link to a decent video hosting site online i have a movie or two.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,

any advice?

evan.
so i just got back from a sunday drive this evening (new zealand here) and the clicking sound is still there. also, the engine gets hot real bad after about only 40km on a trip. the fans come on, but i am just thinking that this isn't normal. we put engine coolant in the sump before we left.

it is coming from the engine a couple of mechanics think and to fix it or maybe inspect it will cost a couple thousand dollars and take many hours to put right.

evan.

·
Super mod..
25,956 Posts
What car do you have and what engine is in the car.. petrol or deseasle..

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
4,826 Posts
OK ...................... I will try - if you will explain that statement ....................... how can the car be making clicking sounds in the engine of all things while still not started?

Perhaps you need to start over:

Was this thing ever a reliable and quiet vehicle?
When did this "problem" start?
How long has it been going on?
What is the recent service history?
What distance has the vehicle/engine covered?

he engine gets hot real bad after about only 40km on a trip. the fans come on, but i am just thinking that this isn't normal. we put engine coolant in the sump before we left.
What do you mean "hot real bad"? .................. how did you measure that and EXACTLY what was the measurement?
Coolant in sump?
Coolant at all? - do you often have to add coolant? - if so why?

I really think you need to start over and use proper descriptions

Also - can you take a video when its quiet and clicky and post them here?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2.0 rxe engine.

well yeah it is a reliable vehicle actually but i got swindled things would go wrong such as windows not operating properly and a whole lot of other things.

i can't remember when the problem started.

i think a mechanic told me i need an alternator bracket which i have right here.

the gauge on the dashboard it will go warm like other cars but get incredibly hot the gauge must be giving me a false reading.

plenty of coolant.

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4M761, DPO
4,826 Posts
2.0 rxe engine.

well yeah it is a reliable vehicle actually but i got swindled things would go wrong such as windows not operating properly and a whole lot of other things.

i can't remember when the problem started.

i think a mechanic told me i need an alternator bracket which i have right here.

the gauge on the dashboard it will go warm like other cars but get incredibly hot the gauge must be giving me a false reading.

plenty of coolant.
Put yourself in my shoes reading what you posted just now and without having access to the vehicle try to make any sensible suggestion ................................do you really feel it makes sense?

WTF!

If you cannot be bothered to describe the problem properly and fully answer questions asked why should we even get involved?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,549 Posts
@LvR

Here's a cross reference from another of the OP thread for your information

But as we all know the noise could be something entirely different. Will have to wait and see what other information is given.

Reactions: Phil48

·
6,549 Posts
You asked about this in another thread back in 2017. Have you not fitted it yet?

Reactions: Phil48

·
6,549 Posts
if you can give me the link to a decent video hosting site online i have a movie or two.
Was you trying to upload a video direct to the forum website? If that doesn't work you can upload the video to YouTube and then cut and paste a link onto the forum thread.

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
16,097 Posts
Have a listen to this,

That is a 2.0 L F4R engine with a VVT pulley that is badly worn.

Has the RXE engine got a VVT pulley? if so it could be that making the clicking noise.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that is like a rattle.

mine just clicks and when revving the clicking gets louder. i tell you what i own another car and that did the same thing when i started it up but then i started it up again and the noise wasn't there anymore.

·
6,549 Posts
i tell you what i own another car and that did the same thing when i started it up but then i started it up again and the noise wasn't there anymore.
That's curious ....Is that an identical model or something different?

·
Premium Member
Renault Scenic 1.6 L 16V 2002 Petrol
16,097 Posts
You don't even say what your car is, 2.0 RXE covers Lagunas, Scenics, Megans, What age it is, what fuel it is, you are not really helpful at all.
I can't help any further also. It is probably the same engine as in my RX4 but can't be sure.

·
Super mod..
25,956 Posts
Now going to lock this it's going nowhere and been ongoing for a looooooog time..no sense or reasoning from the OP..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.