Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car - Laguna RT
Engine - 2.0 M Reg(1995)

My car has just started overheating. Basically the other day when i was driving the car overheated and water was being forced back out the reservoir. When i stopped the car and waited for it to cool down i checked the amount of water and there was hardly nythin in thwe system. It took a few litres to fill it back up.

I drove the car from Alloa to Dundee (50 odd miles) and thwe car was fine but today i was driving to Tesco Fillin station and the same thing happened again.

Is this a sign that the head gasket is going and the kick back pressure is pushing the watwer back up the system??? Which obviousy means a new head gasket. If so does anyone have any idea of the cost involved of paying a garage to replace the head gasket.

Thanks in Adavance for any help.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi bigdaddy there is a great independent garage in Dunfermline Ian Browns i would highly recomemend him,i sent my friend there the other week as here head gasket on her 1.8 8v Vectra started to push the oil out at the front but she was lucky that the head did not have to be skimmed i beleive it cost £250 parts and labour so lets hope that your head has not been heated,i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Hey thanks, ive had someone look at it today and they have ruled out other possiblities and think its deff the head gasket.

Ill give that Garage a call. Thanks

p.s How much does skimming cost?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Check the thermostat - if necessary take it and see what happens - would cost nothing to do. Take it out and test and see if it is opening.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive also noticed when the car isnt overheating that i am not getting any hot air through the vents even when the temp is turned right up does that mean nything???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts