Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice now with the amber warning message and spanner light. Once when overtaking and the other day I tried hoofing it as a test and at around 4k revs the message came on again.

Turn it off and on again and all clear. I read somewhere on the forum it could be helped by a dose of injection cleaner, but this may have only applied to the 2.0 petrol ... ?

I've put some injection cleaner through anyway. Could this be ... EGR stuck open / closed? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any suggestions? Might give it another go to 4k since its half way through a tank with injector cleaner in it. Tempted to also try "posh" diesel :d

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi got the same problem, tried injector cleaner still the same
have booked it in to dealer, They say it's most likley needs the ERG changing. Seems this is a common problem.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would they clean the valve or do they insist on fitting a new part? Normally they're coked up but not damaged. Hope it solves your problem. Might have to do it myself to in the next week or so, to rule it out and for peace of mind if nothing else...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Had the very same problem on my 1.5dci scenic. Egr had already been replaced previous year. Car didnt read any code faults. Glow plugs were fine.
Problem turned out to be a fault in the turbo. Cost of repair was over £1200.00 , car was about 4 months out of warrenty, renault uk agreed to pay 70% of total cost of repair . car now ok. Renault centre were crap and renault uk not much better . Had to put a lot of effort and time into getting this resolved. Will never buy a renault again. had a audi a4 before this. German or jap I think next time.
Regards duncan.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Had safe mode so took it in for an egr clean and that's fixed it so far crossed fingers... also fixed iffy get away where I had a few judders pulling away and 4th doesn't seem like a different planet!

edit: repairs done at 73k on a 52 plate; previously had egr replaced at 35k and ots egr pipe replacement. That should tell you how often it needs doing ;) the new pipe clearly made absolutely no difference ... they don't change the egr these days, just give it a clean...

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Had the very same problem on my 1.5dci scenic. Egr had already been replaced previous year. Car didnt read any code faults. Glow plugs were fine.
Problem turned out to be a fault in the turbo. Cost of repair was over £1200.00 , car was about 4 months out of warrenty, renault uk agreed to pay 70% of total cost of repair . car now ok. Renault centre were crap and renault uk not much better . Had to put a lot of effort and time into getting this resolved. Will never buy a renault again. had a audi a4 before this. German or jap I think next time.
Regards duncan.
You pay more for german and japanese though, at least with anything like the same spec. When peeps make comments like you've just made if often strikes me like they're ashamed of themselves for buying the cheaper option. "Of course normally I only ever buy german don't you know". If you buy the lower cost option of course you have to pay more attention to maintenance. I think that's the crux of it. Renault just market to a different price point. That doesn't make them any worse or all their dealers [email protected]

Go on, go take a shower, wash the French rubbish away and go sit in a nice expensive Audi with all manual controls that'll still be working when its scrapped :d :d :d

1 - 10 of 10 Posts