Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having a problem that is bringing my FUEL INJECTION FAULT warning light on.

Having read previous threads I gather that the EGR valve can cause problems, and can possibly be cured by cleaning if it is sticking.

Which one is the EGR valve? I think it is on the right (from the front of the car) just below the Inlet Manifold, with a multi pin electrical connector on it and about 1 1/2" diameter with 3 bolts securing it. I have tried to remove it by taking out the 3 bolts, and although it is not clamped tight now it will still not come out.

Can anyone confirm if I'm on the right trail, and any tips on removing it would be welcome?

Thanks Taffny.:confused:

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there yes your on the rght spot, all you can do is keepkeep trying to turn it and work it loose, try to get a flat pry bar or screwdriver behind the mounting plate and ease the valve out by turning it with big grips and leavering at the same time!
good luck bigshow

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bigshow,

Its good to know that if you're breaking your back it is at least on the right bit!!!!!!!!

I'll give it plenty of welly tomorrow.

Cheers, Taffny

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spot on bigshow!!!!!

It didn't cure the fault but I had it out in 20 mins once I knew it just needed some persuading.

Cheers for the advise!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts