Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I should finally be attempting to remove my 2001 Espace 2.2dci's rocker cover, to check whether it's the cover or gasket I need:eek:(

Can anyone tell me what size torx bit i'll need to remove the injectors?

I also appear to have a metal looking flexi hose hanging beneath the engine, assuming this is to do with the sump etc. [sits just behind the sump] can anyone identify this?

Are there any special tools required for the pressure plug that blows out when the crank oil pressure gets too much?? where exactly is this? is it an easy job?

Thanks
Andrew
[kind of wishing I didn't buy the espace now:eek:( ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
hye andrew ill be doing the same job on my laguna on tuesday not sure about the torque socket size but you will probably need a injector puller im not looking forward to doing it myself cause its a b******* according to the haynes manual you will have to replace all the pipes and studs renault want 40 pound each injector kit and theres four of them they want 600 pound to do it robbing b******* so im gonna do it myself gulp hope all turns out well for ya andrew and yeah i wish i never bought one to

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How are you getting on Andy? I have currently got all the injectors out and all, just got one bolt to remove from the rocker [can't get access] it's behind the engine by the injector rail, as mine's an Espace I have no room whatsoever to play with:crazy:

Let me know how you get on, my injectors came out fairly easy, seeing as they're all caked in oil may have helped!

Will let you know..... currently waiting for my new gasket to arrive this am.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.