Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 2001 Espace DCi's lump is in a poor state [usual rocker related probs.] Does anyone know what work is required to fit a 1997 espace 3's DTi engine in its place??

Can this be acheived? how much electrical work would need to be done etc.

I have just changed the rocker gasket on my DCi, but the injectors wont seat in, the screw threads are gone, and looked at replacing the whole lump rather than get a mortgage to change the head and all:(

Any advice is greatly received.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The differences in wiring is substantial to say the least. Then theres the problem of adapting the fuel system and engine mounts, the ECU, immobiliser, etc, etc, etc,............

Whilst nothing is imposible I think the work and cost wouldn't be economical.

It may be worth finding out if there is a company out there who could re-thread the bolt holes in situ.,:)

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
A decent workshop should be able to repair the thread by re-taping it with a bit larger thread size and putting an insert with internal thread to match injectors. Problem is that you will have to remove the head.

One chap in here Mr Espace has done a few conversions like the one you are considering. You should talk to him.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
The dt engine can be fitted in place of the dci engine i done it and surprisingly the wiring is the easy part !!! it just plugged in and worked :)

you need a whole doner vehicle though as all sorts of parts are different including the accelerator pedal which is cable on older cars and fly by wire on dci
Mounts are different shafts are also different rads need to be the ones that go with engine as dci ones are different

No power steering pipes will fit properly so they need modded/made to suit i done it in a week and learned a lot allong the way doing it again could be done in 3 days with the right equipment

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.