Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, to all my 2.2td has recently just started to take 2 or 3 attempts to start, on looking at engine noticed air pockets in fuel line before and after fuel filter also when engine running any ideas how to remove air thanks :steam:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry forgot to say battery brand new an new starter all electrics ok after 2nd attempt with key give a little on accelerator engine kicks over ok

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Mine starts ok, but also have air bubbles. Replaced the fuel filter 'head' and seems to be better but still not perfect. There should be a bleed nipple on the fuel filter head. Loosen this and press the black plunger type thingy untill fuel free from bubbles emerges (you MUST catch the diesel or it will destroy coolant pipes apparently)

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
I haven't looked on the current Lag 2, but I had bubble's in the fuel pipes on the Guna 2.2 RTDT with never any starting problems.

Is this just when cold, are you hearing the glow plugs relay click, before turning the key?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only time my 2.2td has been a prob to start is when it needed new injectors. Have you tried draining the filter as per Haynes Manual? J

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will try new filter later today also trying to replace glow plugs(plugs look original had a look seems like going to take a while to do!!!!!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts