Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when pulling a way sometimes the is a hesitation before it picks up, and then covers the cars behind in black smoke. any clues??

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
hi m8:) whats the milliage on the car,and when was the last time it was serviced ect?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mileage nearly at 200 K
Just doing a service now Probably a bit over due!!

been running fine for the last 3 years this has started happening over the last 3 months.

Engine management light comes on radomly guess I need to get the codes read. I have a ISO interface (Elmscan)but doesn't seem to work.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Hi mate, ours has got similar probs and I think I might have found the cause for the jerking.... If anything like ours, it was jerking pretty and I discovered that the diesel was picking up a lot of air bubbles (fuel starvation casuing jerking?)

Anyways, found that priming the diesel pump made it drive better and concluded that the primer was faulty, letting air in (these apparently are common problems and the insides of these perish).

Anyhow, changed it but not been able to drive it much due the clutch cylinders needing replacing, but initially it does seem to have done the trick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
same problem

Did you manage to sort it. I have started getting the exact same problem with my espace?
Hope to hear from you soon

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Mines does this when running on cooking oil but fine on diesel goes away on its own after half mile or so as said probably fuel related drawing air at pipes somewhere or leaking at pump/filter housing

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Ours 'seems' to be cured now.

Basically (if you do a search on here, you'll see I've been messing around with the EGR valve and bust the pipe!) a new EGR valve, new EGR pipe and it's running sweet as a nut.

You won't need the pipe, so just get the EGR valve. If you got the G8T engine, buy the valve from GSF parts - it's £65 plus VAT (it's listed for the Laguna with the G8T engine, so its the same). Buy new gaskets from the dealers as they don't come it (you need 2 at about £3.50 each).

I Had to buy the EGR valve from the dealers at £120 plus VAT as they wouldn't sell the EGR pipe to me without it (game me some excuse about the unit being modified / sold as a single unit!)

I must stress though, it was only fitted a few days ago and the car hasn't been driven much since then, but even in the short time driving it, it feels different - more lively, more torquey... and it passed the MOT today!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts