Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I am being thick but I can't find it. The car has occasional starting problems. On our old V reg 1.6 Megane the sensor was at the top of the gear box where it meets the engine. Access is not as good on this one, 53 plate Megane, but I have used a small mirror to have a look and cant see it. there seems to be some sort of cover or pipe in the area.is it behind that and if so what is the thing thats in the way?
Cheers Pete

R

·
0 Posts
Yes it will be in the same place on your 2.0 F4R as it was on our old 1.6 K4M though not owning a Scenic II sorry I can't tell you whats obstructing the TDC sensor.

O

·
0 Posts
I can't find mine either, but I am assured it's there, same as it was on my old Scenic, same engine but more accessible :d

I have used a mirror and a camera, but still can't see it. As you say, there is something in the way.

I can only can think of taking the battery and tray off for better access.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right! I'm not going mad:crazy:. I've had a really good look. It is def not in the same place as the other Meganes. Could it be because it uses a 6 speed box? Any Renault mechanics out there that could have a look on the system?
By the way the thing that I thought migh be obscuring it is a conduit for some wires. I can see the arc of the top of the bell housing where the sensor goes and the hole is missing. I even went to a local breakers and had a look at various Meganes and Senics and I can see the sensor on them so Where has it been moved to?:mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Was helping a mate on his 03 Laguna (diesel) and the crank sensor on that was on the bottom of the gearbox towards the front of the car so maybe they have moved location on the newer petrol engines?

We had to take the lower plastic engine tray of to access it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. That makes sense if the 6 speed box is the same one used in the diesel (PK6?) I'll have a look later an what I can see. I guess it will still have to be mounted oner the ring gear?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2.0 2008 Scenic and had the same problem locating it as i was familiar with the location of the tdc on a 1.6 2004 megane. I went to the renault dealer to order a new tdc and asked them to show me the location on their computer. It definately is towards the front bottom section of the gear box (near the radiator). Hint: instead of removing the battery and its housing, access the sensor from underneath the car by removing the plastic covers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts