Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now had it confirmed that my car (black Initiale 2.2 dCi) has colour coded bumpers and that a phase 4 front end sticks out more than a phase 3.

My wife returned from a trip to state that a wall had arrived at the front of our car sooner than expected (just touched it) . It put a slight graze and a few chips on the bumper just above the number plate - it was then I could see the bumper was painted. Up until now I thought it had just had a generous helping of back to black. Anyway filled it in with touch up pen - one of those things that you think stands out a mile 'like a spot when you are a teenager' but after a few days forget it is there.

Anyway, absolutely no critism of my Wifes driving (verbal or written) as when we had our phase 3 I drove it into a parking barrier and wrote the bonnet off.

I did mention that we could get parking sensors fitted to the front - I would be interested to know if anybody has ever gone for that option.

Also I do love my wife more than our Grande Espace - but it is a different type of love - read into that whatever you want!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts

Commiserations on your incident, I'm sure she is very sorry and will exercise extreme care in the future, What's a scrape when Love is more important eh:rolleyes:

There are quite a number of aftermarket sensors that can be fitted.

I'm sure someone will be along who has done this as an aftermarket option to offer their advice.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - would be interested hearing about this option - but I guess probably not a top priority.

I must admit now I have a car with rear parking sensors - 9 times out of ten I make a point of reversing into parking spaces. Something I did share with my better half at the time - but I don't think was appreciated.

However I realise you should not totally rely on these anyway as a friend of mine found out when he ran over his son's bike - conversation just prior was something like - 'stop the car now you fool' - 'no its OK the beeps and even close yet'

For those of you reading this thinking I am sad (you are right) - just a bit of light chat.

Nige

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I would think that front sensors would be a sensible option on an Espace.I've driven a 7-series Beemer with them on,and it cetaintly helped when moving it around the workshop.

I find driving an Espace slightly disconcerting as the dashboard and feels like it's a million miles away from where your sat and you can't see the front end at all!.I have to be honest,I wouldn't try to squeeze one in a tight parking space the same as I would my old Galuna.:eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
You're right about the Espace needing front sensors. The new (current) Espace has these on some higher models and also available as an option (£250 I think).

There aren't that many after market FRONT parking sensors.

One company that does make them is META - model # SP2B.

These connect to the reverse gear (as reverse sensors) but stay on for a while after reverse is disengaged.

You can engage them manually as well.

Top notch kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts