Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I looked through the other topics to see if I could find this problem elsewhere, and found some that sounded similar but none that quite seemed to be the same problem that I'm having, so I hope no one minds me starting a new topic to ask for help!

I've been having an intermittent problem with my 2000 Clio Grande, where occasionally the engine sort of judders or jerks, for want of a better word - a bit like stalling, but without actually stalling. It's only happened twice so far - on both occasions travelling between 20-30mph in second or third gear. It feels like it ought to be a low revs problem or something, but I'm fairly sure that on both occasions my revs were fine for the gear I was in at the time, and I was accelerating anyway.

As I said, it's only an intermittent problem - it's happened twice in the space of about two months, and never seems to have any lasting effect (apart from making me a very nervous driver), but I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone knows what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi , this car does suffer from intermitant coil problems , this can cause the car to "judder" as one or two of the sparkplugs may not fire , when you put your foot down it pickes up again as the coil is forced back in to full opperation , so would suggest investgation the coil pack as a start point , hope that helps , Rich:d

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi

I have exactly the same car model as you!

Mine started off intermittent but now it's in the garage waiting for an auto electrician as I replaced the coil pack with no luck,

Diagnostics say air temp sensor circuit causing the problem but mechanic seems to think that this wouldn't cause the car the stall when moving off.

At the moment I'm still waiting for answers so will update when & if I get it fixed,

In the mean time any suggestions would be great

Thanks
Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts