Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People,

I've got a 2000 Clio (1.4) with about 53k on the clock and which had a major service in September 2006 (including new cam belt).

Here's the problem. Over the past couple of months, it's started making strange noises from somewhere deep under the bonnet. This only occurs when the roads are wet, and was initially limited to a high pitch squeal when pulling away from a standing start (I assumed this was something to do with the alternator belt, or similar).

Anyway, these symptoms have now been replaced by a noise which can be described as a squealing/grinding noise which emanates from somewhere low in the bonnet (possibly just beyond the bulkhead). Again, the sound is only evident when the roads are wet, and arises when driving at a constant speed, or when I've just lifted off the throttle to change gear. Additionally, I can feel a vibration through the central console which runs from the engine compartment to the gear stick.

The plan is to take it to a garage sometime soon, but I'd be interested to know if anyone out there has an inkling as to what could be causing these symptoms.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam thinking along the lines of the a pully wheel run by the aux belt???just a guess my friend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts