Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone please tell me what needs done to get my interior lights to dim again. I had problems with the front passenger door not locking and/or not opening from the outside. WD40 seems to have solved this problem but now the interior lights do not dim and I am currently having to keep them off permantly. Also I have one of the talking cars and evrytime I start driving it tells me the front passenger door is not closed. Im thinking it is a fault with the sensor but where is this and how would I check it?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Depending on the model there will either be an external button door switch or a micro-switch inside the door beside the lock mechanism. If faulty this will cause such problems.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on the model there will either be an external button door switch or a micro-switch inside the door beside the lock mechanism. If faulty this will cause such problems.:)
Can't see anything on the door must be inside the lock mechanism. I take it I will have to remove the lock mechanism to get at it and is this part of the mechanism or can it be bought separately?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts