Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres a good one for you all. I badly need help finding out whats wrong with my laguna's heating.
1. When using the recirc fan (ie dial turned to the left) I can get hot / cold air at all speeds no problem.
2. Now when i try to use the outside fan (turn dial to right)
It blows with a loud vibrating noise for about 30secs to 2 mins if you are lucky. Then it changes to a deep humming noise and no air output at all.

Anybody got any ideas. Strange that recirc works great though (does tend to make the car steam up quite alot.)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Whot! - no heat

Hi David have you checked the pollen filter - sounds like it's blocked - get it sorted soon or you could damage the heater blower motor. They usually cost about 12-15 quid and if I remember correctly it's located behind the glove box. Hope this helps.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heating

Thanks. I'm gonna try and find it later. I'll have a look around to if anyones got any pics of its exact location.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Dirty Pollen filter

Wel done! All that black stuff is carbon particles emitted by other vehicles - now you know why the green brigade get so uptight about vehicle emissions. You'll find a great difference once you've fitted a new one. Keep us updated - follow-up information is a great help to other members of the forum.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts