Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a clio 1.4 16v manual that won't start in turns over but won't start I have got 2 codes from it codes are B0500 and P0711. I was driving home when it died and hasn't started since, It was serviced about a month ago and I changed the crank shaft sensor yesterday as it was suggested that this could be the problem but made no difference. Any help and advice on this problem would be appreciated. Thanks John

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Try and start it with EasyStart aerosol fluid directly into throttle body - will it?

If not

Do a compression test? ............... seeing around 7.5 Bar+ for each cylinder? (thinking cambelt possibly broken)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try and start it with EasyStart aerosol fluid directly into throttle body - will it?

If not

Do a compression test? ............... seeing around 7.5 Bar+ for each cylinder? (thinking cambelt possibly broken)

I have looked in the oil filler cap while some one turns the key and can see movement so assuming the belt is good?

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Just means belt is still there - could be missing a tooth or more - could be tension is off and in both cases cam timing way out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts