Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks.
We are looking at getting a Kangoo and have seen one we like with 45,000 miles on the clock for £2,500 and a full servcie history.

The only thing I can find is a slight smear of oil on the underside of the drivers side front bumper underneath where the oil filter and cam belt are.

If anyone can give some advice on what might be causing this and anyhting else we should look for before deciding to buy it would be appreciated.

We ahve had a good look at other similar vehicles such as the Doblo, etc and the Kangoo seems to suit us best even though the interior is a bit basic (which we actually prefer). :d

Many thanks,
Bern

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
If you can get it up on ramps try and have a good look round it could of been just a messy filter change. If its got full service history it should have had the cam belt change a few years back. They are a terrific rugid car that you can chuck anything in and not worry about the interior getting damaged. Mine does just over 40 miles to the gallon. They have a few niggling faults but easy to fix like the indicator stalk that decides to wear out but its asimple swap and the stalk is common to loads of renaults.

R

·
0 Posts
The only thing I can find is a slight smear of oil on the underside of the drivers side front bumper underneath where the oil filter and cam belt are.
I assume this is the 1.4 16 valve K4J engine ? the oil filter is in the middle of the engine block not really near the cam belt.

Make sure it has had a timing belt change even though the car has only done 45,000 the service interval is 70,000 or 5 years which ever comes first so it should be on it's second timing belt by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thomas & Recycled,

Thank you both for such quick and helpful replies.

It did occur to me that the oil might have come from a filter change as there isn't any other signs of leaks.

Thanks also for mentioning the timming belt change we will check this.

We will be buying it today and hopefully get it next Saturday! :driving:

Many thanks,
Bern

1 - 4 of 4 Posts