Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 2001 megane 1870 dti which keeps cutting out when you lift off the power, hot or cold. sometimes it will keep running at about 400 rpm and won't pick away again.I took it to a renault dealer who diagnosed a egr valve problem and temp sensor, which were both changed at about £250, but made no difference. where do I go next?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, the air filter is new and maf seems to test out ok. the test at the dealer also brought up ingection advance code, what is info on this.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Colin I think the Dti diesels have a electronic timing module on the injection pump and can only be removed by removing the whole pump. I suggest you contact a good diesel specilaist who may be able to dianose bettter. In the meantime check all the electrical connections and cables going to the injection pump.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
hya, i have a megane ii 1.9 dci and the check injection light keeps coming on and the engine cuts out at about 3500 revs, the dealer said it was due to the car (a 130 bhp) being mainly for motorway driving having a soot filter as opposed to the 120 bhp version which dosnt have one hence it dosnt get clogged up and effecting the injection, the dealer can however reprogram the computer so that it burns off the filter at 30 mph rather than 50 making it better for street driving. if it is the 130 bhp engine i would have thought that this is likely to have happened to you. hope this is of some help.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Glen - a very interesting comment regarding the FAP (otherwise known as an exhaust particulate filter) wherby the Renault dealers can alter the speed or temperature at which it can clean itself. Colin is referring to the Dti engine and yours is the DCi engine - both of which are distinctly different and doesn't have the FAP fitted. The DTi engine has a multi-port injection fuel pump whereas the DCi has common rail injection. The link below may be of interest regarding exhaust filters - have a look and see.:)

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/how-articles/4146-renault-official-fap-filter-guide-here.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts