Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.this is the electric pump fitted to models with aircon.recently ive been getting intermittently a loud woooooo from the pump.at first weeks apart now everytime i drive it ,it comes an goes. at first turning the steering lock to lock a few times would stop it for a while.not so much lately.

the fluid level never drops and is on the max.today i drained it fully,it was brown.prob donkeys years old. after adding the new ,starting the engine and doing the lock to lock.there was no frothing.the level dropped showing the pump was working.topped up to max.hasnt dropped any further,not getting any noise when continuing lock to lock.so i assumed no trapped air.however shortly after driving the noise is back.worse than ever.can barely get it to stop.fluid still at max.the steering is fine the whole time this noise is going on.not heavy or anything.

im wondering if anyone can tell me if the pump is finished. Or if its trapped air NOW and before it was maybe air/crappy fluid.

probably no connection but the orange electrical fault/glow plug warning light has come on permanently shortly before it got a lot worse.
much appreciate any advice .regards Rad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hi.this is the electric pump fitted to models with aircon.recently ive been getting intermittently a loud woooooo from the pump.at first weeks apart now everytime i drive it ,it comes an goes. at first turning the steering lock to lock a few times would stop it for a while.not so much lately.

the fluid level never drops and is on the max.today i drained it fully,it was brown.prob donkeys years old. after adding the new ,starting the engine and doing the lock to lock.there was no frothing.the level dropped showing the pump was working.topped up to max.hasnt dropped any further,not getting any noise when continuing lock to lock.so i assumed no trapped air.however shortly after driving the noise is back.worse than ever.can barely get it to stop.fluid still at max.the steering is fine the whole time this noise is going on.not heavy or anything.

im wondering if anyone can tell me if the pump is finished. Or if its trapped air NOW and before it was maybe air/crappy fluid.

probably no connection but the orange electrical fault/glow plug warning light has come on permanently shortly before it got a lot worse.
much appreciate any advice .regards Rad
update.had to drive this morning.now making a new sound.continously making a woooo sound. but every now and again theres a squeel like the pumps seized.it only lasts a moment then the wooo is back ,then another brief squeel.sounds like its running dry and momentarily sticking.yet i saw the resevoir half empty while doing lock to lock.there was no bubbling or frothing tho. is there something i missed when changing the fluid is it full of air still because you have a bleed screw somewhere else? the resevoir stays full.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Bleeding is normally just turn full lock to lock a couple of times and tank up the fluid.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks.yeah thats what i always thought.if its working ie not heavy steering how come the noise.unemployed i dont want to waste money paying a garage to just tell me its screwed ,or buy a replacement unnecessarily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts