Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, would welcome your advice. My car is 2000 Clio 1.4 8 valve which appears to be overfueling badly, it was an intermittent fault but is now permanent. It starts instantly from hot or cold but "chuggs" badly as it warms up. It has no power and guzzles fuel at a remarkable rate.
It does not mis-fire apart as in "off a cylinder" - I can disconnect each of the plug leads one at a time, they all make a considerable difference as do the injectors if I do the same with them.
The air cleaner element is new and there are no obstructions in the inlet. The oxygen sensor was replaced recently (wiring had rotted) as has the idle valve which had jammed, the throttle body was cleaned at the same time..
The coolant sensor seems to be ok - the temp gauge is accurate and the engine alters significantly if I disconnect the sensor.
I have had a look through the excellent FAQ's and the associated forums but can't seem to find anything the same.
I was wondering about the air temperature sensor - can anyone tell me how it comes out of the manifold? It just rotates and seems loose, there is no obvious retainer that I can see, obviously I don't want to force it in case it breaks and bits drop into the inlet manifold! Look forward to your thoughts, Racerrich :confused:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi
i think i had the same prob on my clio sport i just changed the plugs and leads and all is fine now but mine would be fine when cold tick over ok and even go ok but like you say mine got worse as the engine got hotter untill i had very little power so i would start here as it could be a fault in the internals of the leads or pulgs i cant tell you what to change first as i did them together as i needed to remove the whole inlet on mine (2.0L 16v) to get to the plugs. let me know how you get on cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts