Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.

Sometime ago I had a major problem with my heater control panel in my Lag. Was driving along when ALL dashboard lights came on and smoke billowed out from around radio/heater control panel/card reader. :eek:

After a minute or so the smoke stopped but lights stayed on.

I managed to nurse car home and get everything pulled out and a wire on the back of the heater control panel had shorted and melted itself to 2 neighboring wires. Trouble was, because of the short the battery was draining itself flat so I had to disconnect the control panel.

The panel still controls airflow direction, hot/cold mix and fan speed... but I've lost aircon, rear demist and recirculation controls.

I waited for a Haynes manual to come out so I could look at the wiring plans and see what had failed.... but they have next to no info in them. :mad:

Anybody had this before? Or know how to get the pin outs/full wiring diagram? It's doing my head in now the weathers getting warm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
er..... as per header its a 2001 Laguna II 1.9Dci. :rolleyes: It has the manual 3 knob control unit without climate control.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Hooligan - sorry didn't notice your header as most people include the model of the car when registering and appears at the bottom of their post. Looks like your control panel has deveoped a short - cheapest way out is to go to a scrapper get a second hand board and its connectors and start joing cables, etc. Yeh the Haynes manual is no use when it comes to air-con vehicles.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of changing the unit, but if the fault is wiring then I'd take that out too. I'd rather see which cables are burnt out first and try to trace on from there. Are there any 'proper' wiring diagrams available?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Hooligan - can you remember what was switched on at the time as that may give you a clue as to what may have caused the short - also check the fuses a just in case someone has put in a higher rating one and it didn't blow when it should have.:)

P.S. Sorrry I don't have a wiring diagram and even if I had it - for legal reasons it is not permissable to publish copyright documents on the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can I put a call out to anybody who has wiring diagrams to get in touch please. I really don't want to pay Renault a fortune for looking at something I can do myself. Thankyou

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could anyone explain how to remove the heater control panel?. Im trying to install a parrot hands free to my Tuner List but there isnt the space behind the stereo for the boxes and loom. so i am hoping to find a place behind the ashtray for all the gubbins and will have to work my way down behind the heater controls and keycard reader.
Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts