Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van has always made a noise like a constant running motor with a click every few seconds as soon as the ignition is turned on (and while the engine is running). When I bought it the seller said it was the fuel pump that was noisy and "they all do that"- I wasn't convinced at the explanation but as everything worked okay I let that slide.
Today I finally got around to investigating as it sounded much more like it was behind the dashboard- and it is. Behind the heater motor was a small black box, part number f833812r/u, and when I disconnected it, the noise stopped.

So - what is it? Googling the number yields a few results that suggests it maybe operates the heater valve flap? But as mine is constantly running, I'm assuming that whatever should stop it (microswitch?) has failed...? Is that likely to be internal to the device so a new one would fix it? Or is it likely to be something else?

I do have a service manual PDF but it doesn't obviously mention this part, apart from possibly in relation to a recirculation motor that kicks in when max heat is selected... which doesn't sound quite like the same thing (and no, I don't have max heat selected)

Any ideas folks?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,025 Posts
heater flap control actuator

The motor moves the flaps to direct the air flow, moves to direct air up to the screen when Ignition is switched on..
If gears are not stripped then; Normally a reset with diagnostics interface cures the noise ,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts