Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and HELP!!!!
i've just bought a 2001 megane scenic 2.0 auto, it came with a towbar (unfitted!) and cut off wiring, we thought it would be fitted and are booked on a site on Thursday (no pressure there then!) I can fit the towbar ok but don't have haynes manual for the wiring, I will do a scotchlock special as a temporary measure and fit a plug in set when I have more time and money. can anyone of you kind people help.
many thanks
Ron

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Hi. The easiest way to wire a towbar is to use a multi meter or test light and turn each light on in turn and test which wire gets power.
A diagram of which wire is which on the towbar socket is freely available on tinterweb

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
You can usually connect into the wiring behind the panels in the boot with scotchlocks. Dan's diagram shows the SOCKET when viewed from the rear, in other words as you would look at it when plugging in. If you are using a pre-wired socket you should be able to follow the colours, otherwise be careful because when connecting wires to the socket you are effectively working with a mirror image.

Then it's just a case of drilling a hole, fitting a grommet and bringing the cable through (before you connect all the wires !!)

Also get a buzzer to confirm function of the indicators, they are quite cheap and easy to fit.

Marv

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
many thanks Marvin, I borrowed the use of my mates workshop hoist for 1/2 hour this afternoon and finished fitting the towbar 3 hours later!!! it came off an identical scenic last night but all the holes were in about 2mm different positions. I have just got the wiring through the box section and into the luggage space and I have retired knackered for the night now and will try to get finished in the morning (if I can move!!) so we can hopefully try out the scenic with our caravan
All the best
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts