Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post, so please be gentle and if it's in the wrong section, then mods please feel free to move.

Right then......

My first foray into Renault ownership, (Peugeot/Citroen before that.) and I've just bought a one owner, virtually mint 2001 Scenic Alize DCi with fdsh and a mere 109k on the clock, and I have a few Q's.

It's fitted with a radio cassette, and at some point that will make way for a single cd player or a multichanger. If I do the former, which model cd player do I need, and is there a one available the same colour as the dashboard. If I go down the latter route, are the wires already there under the passenger seat for a multichanger and what would I need to do at the radio end?

Does the rear window on the boot lid lift on this model?

Thanks guys.

Ken.

R

·
0 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

It's fitted with a radio cassette, and at some point that will make way for a single cd player or a multichanger. If I do the former, which model cd player do I need, and is there a one available the same colour as the dashboard. If I go down the latter route, are the wires already there under the passenger seat for a multichanger and what would I need to do at the radio end?
Even though your car is a Mk 1 Phase 2 Scenic they carried on fitting the analogue stereos as used in the Mk 1 Phase1 for around another year Is it a Phillips or a Tuner List you have fitted at the moment?

Does the rear window on the boot lid lift on this model?
If it does then there will be 2 small gas struts on the rear glass and to open there is a button up by the number plate lights.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The release for the window will be above the number plate just below where the wiper is,if you don't have it then there will be no release button (I'm pretty sure it won't have one but it's worth a try:))

We have a Scenic Monaco at work at the moment and that does have the wires for the CD multichanger under the passeneger seat,some tea-leaf has had the changer away though unfortunately.If the wiring is there on yours then you will find an ISO connector that should be rectangle in shape and have 8 pins in it (I think,if you can't find it I'll get a pic and post it up for you).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so far guys.

The current radio cassette is a tuner list player.

So where should I be looking for the wires if they are fitted for a mutli changer, as all I can see is the cabling for the seat belt pre tensioners going to the base of the seat? Will they be at the back of the draw under the passenger seat?

R

·
0 Posts
Thanks so far guys.

The current radio cassette is a tuner list player.
You can use your radio as a 6 CD head unit or change it for a Tuner List single CD player which will also double up as a 6 CD changer head unit. You can fit a 6 CD changer Alpine unit under the passenger seat but you have to be careful to get the right changer other wise it won't work as there are analouge and digital CD changers and they look the same. IIRC there are 3 differen CD changers and they all look the same though the cable connectors are different.

This is the single Tune List CD player you can swap directly with what you have now you get them in grey or black to match the dash colour.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/renault-megan...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item43a63424d9
The curved Scenic and Megane stereos are the same. You can fit a flat unit from a Laguna but you will need a curved facia adapter

If it's never had an under seat changer fitted then it's unlikely the cable will be there. You can fit a cable from the head unit to under neath the passenger seat in less than 15 minutes. The CD changer cable plugs straight in to the back of the head unit and then connects directly to the CD changer.

R

·
0 Posts
I have fitted a 6 CD changer to my Scenic after much mucking about and getting the right one!

You will need the cable with a blue connector sorry that some of these are a bit blurred

This is the earlier analouge stereo it will physically fit you Scenic but wont work. The dashboard display connector is also different. The CD changer cable has different connectors as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent guys. Thanks. (Button applied.) The radio is the one in pic 2 that is fitted.

Unfortunately the rear window doesn't lift up, but it's small price to pay.

Done over 500 miles in it so far, and it's lovely. Even the wife likes it, and she is a hard person to please. Looks like I might be demoted to her Xsara HDi at this rate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts