Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I have a 2002 Clio 1.2 16v QS5, The engine management light was on all the time, I found a steel block at the back of the engine where the loom comes through the bulkhead, this bit of steel is square in cross section with a smaller square hole in the middle, it has taken the coating of the wires with moving about. I slipped a bit of card under it and the light went out.

The problem I have now is it is idling strangley bouncing between 500 and a 10,000 rpm. At load speed in 1st and 2nd it shakes and kind of kangaroos a wee bit, over 30 mph righ up to top end it drives fine. Any ideas?

Cheers

Rondon73

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hiya,

i have a 2002 clio 1.2 16v qs5, the engine management light was on all the time, i found a steel block at the back of the engine where the loom comes through the bulkhead, this bit of steel is square in cross section with a smaller square hole in the middle, it has taken the coating of the wires with moving about. I slipped a bit of card under it and the light went out.

The problem i have now is it is idling strangely bouncing between 500 and a 1,000 rpm. At load speed in 1st and 2nd it shakes and kind of kangaroos a wee bit, over 30 mph right up to top end it drives fine. Any ideas?

Cheers:confused:

Rondon73

1 - 2 of 2 Posts