Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just after a bit of help / advice on changing out the drivers fog light as i can't see how it comes out plus there's no room to work with the bumper on.

I can't see how the bumper comes off either - anyone done this job before ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
terrible job

changed mine at the weekend. turn wheel inwards. peel back wheel arch skin to find one screw and go underneath for the screws which hold the lower plastic engine cover to the bumper and wheelarch skin. not an easy job. i've been in the trade for 22 years and never had such a nuisance light change. new light has an a beam adjusting screw too.line up light beam using suitable wall before screwing the bumper back on.:steam:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can you confirm if you had to remove bumper completely or does the peeling back of the arch skin enable the light to be changed?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Can you confirm if you had to remove bumper completely or does the peeling back of the arch skin enable the light to be changed?
Took mine to a main stealer. They said they had to remove the bumper as the headlamp washer jet mechanism is in the way.

I had previously tried to use the wheel arch method, pulled on what I thought was the wiring loom for the fog lamp and emptied the contents of the screen wash container on my head: I'd pulled out the screen wash container low level sensor! :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Light Change

Hi its a pig of a job!.............in the end its easier to take the bumper off.........several screws/plugs/clips under the plastic wheelarch trim ...two people to hold bumper then acess is easy!It took me the whole afternoon trying the bumper on method and resulted in cut hands and only one screw holding light in.Not worth it ......take the bumper off!

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts