Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Yesterday my Laguna would not lock when I pressed the key fob button.
I had to leave it unlocked overnight.
Today I replaced the battery. £4.90 from local jeweller. Still the locks will not lock:mad:

My car is 2002 Sport tourer, and the key card has two buttons, and a little red light which comes on only when the unlock button is pressed. The lock button does nothing at all.

The emergency key supplied in the key fob only locks the front passenger door.

Any help please?:confused:

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
welcome to the forum. Do you have the internal door lock button on the centre console? If so, when you get out of the car lean in through the passenger door, lock the doors using the centre console button then shut and lock the passenger door using the key. This is obviously a tempory fix but it's better than leaving the car unlocked.

As to the reason for not locking, does your key card rattle when you shake it? There is a post on how to fix this problem, a small part inside comes loose and the card won't lock the doors. I think it is in the Laguna articles (link in LH sidebar) or you may need to search for "keycard" but it's a good post with pics of what to do.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Mccombe8 .

As Chris has mentioned try the keycard repair if handy with a soldering iron.

Regards

Ottoman
Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can lock the doors without using the keycard.
With the ign off & the drivers door open. press the locking button on the centre consol for 5 secs. Close the drivers door & all should be locked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem now solved via e-bay. Gary on Key Card Repair does a brilliant 24 hour repair service for £24.00 including p & p.
I posted my rattling key-card off on Monday, and it was back repaired in my post office on Wednesday for my collection today (Recorded delivery)
I have sent off my second bust one today.

Top bloke.

Please pass this information round the Laguna Forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts