Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been experiencing a very low rpm when idling. This normally results in a stall or judder which gets slightly better when the engine is warmer. The car drives fine but I am sure I’m getting less mpg.
I changed the iac valve as the current one was not moving at all. After resetting the pcm the idle stayed around 1000rpm dropping and rising occasionally with a slight judder. As soon as I touched the accelerator the revs dropped right down and the car stalled. Once started again it was back to the very low rpm and judder/stall.
I had the car to the local garage and no codes showed when they did a diagnostics check. They checked for leaks but couldn’t find any. They also said that the throttle body was fine and clear. I cleaned it myself although did not take it off.
Running out of ideas I decided to try the old iac again and after going through the same procedure with the new one, it started moving. Starting the car with the iac unplugged increases the rpm to 2000 and then if I apply the throttle and then leave it, the revs fluctuate from 2000 to 4000 and back again.
The map sensor although in position, moves about quite a bit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the coolent temp sensor has not been checked. Would a problem with this not have shown during the diagnostic check?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts