Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, I have a 2002 Renault espace 2.0 petrol automatic, I haven't long brought this car but I have some kind of electrical fault, when I drive it, every now and again a wonky line will come on the dash board noting their is something wrong, I looked in the book and its says electrical gearbox fault. also when I drive it kinds of struggles to get into gear but I was driving down the road the other day and all interior lights came on and then went back off. also every now and again the car will not start and has to be jumped but then its fine afterwards, ow and sometimes when I pull off, I have no power but other times I do, could anyone give me any help on what it could be or if everything that is happening is all tied into 1 thing.
many thanks in advance
ash

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Hi, I would say if you have that many electrical faults, check the battery terminals first, take them off (negative first) & clean them up, refit (negative last) & thin apply a layer of petroleum jelly.
Just remember to remove your keys from the ignition before disconnecting battery & keep them with you.
Keep us informed how you get on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts