Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RX4 Megane with a reconditioned engine. It has a new turbo unit. In the six months I have been driving it I find it looses power going up hills, often falling to below 60 and having to be put into fourth gear. I feel like I'm thrashing it on the flat at 70 and it has recently started to make a whirring noise linked to accelerator movement. Is it a car that likes a gently drive ? I now the revs are quite high and the diesals are generally noisy. I see very few of the RX4's around. Any one got any experience of driving one to compare with ? I love the driving position and ultra comfy seat but its a poor drive otherwise. :confused:

G

·
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

The car should be much different to drive than other 1.9 Dci diesel Renaults. Are you sure the clutch isn't slipping ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. No it wasn't the clutch. It was a turbo related noise. The turbo has collapsed. The second in two years. Bad luck or what? The diagnosis in the couple of days it was in the garage was the need for a new air flow sensor.....then the turbo collapsed the day after I got it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.