Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I'm desperate:steam: My front drivers side window opened but wouldn't close. My car door is now in lots of bits and I still can't solve the problem.:( :(
Is the regulator the block held on the end of the motor with 4 torx screws? also is it possible to get my window closed as a temporary measure?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The regulator is the part that connects the motor to the window.It usually contains metal wires and pulleys to allow the rotation of the motor to be converted into up and motion for the window.

You can undo the window from the regulator and pull the window up,then using some small rubber wedges,keep the window up,but there is always the chance that if you slam the door shut too hard or drive the car over a pot hole,that the window will fall down into the door and smash!.You could prop the window up inside the door using some wooden blocks,but be careful not to damage the outer door skin from the inside when wedging them in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx LAGDTI that info was great I'm a lot easier now:) but does anyone have an idea how the rail with the raise/lower mechanism actually fastens to the window? I can,t see how it detaches fromthe glass at the bottom:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts