Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

The other day it seems a local smack-head helped himself to my drivers door wing mirror cover (no evidence of collision/broken tabs etc....).

Managed to find one eBay for @ £15 but am having the devils own job trying to match the colour in spray cans from Halfords.....

Any ideas? It's a 2002 model, "silver" in colour, although I think there's a hint of blue in it.

The spray can charts (and youths employed) at Halfords don't offer any help at all! :steam:

Thanks for looking.

Steve

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there Steve - check the chassis sticker on the driver's 'b' pillar (the same one your seat belt would be fitted to).

You are looking for a code which is in the format MV632 (which is Gris Boreal) or D47 (which is Storm Blue).

I'm sure there is a database on the forums which explains this further.

If Halfords can't help - and heaven knows it doesn't take mauch to confuse them - there will be an automotive paint supplier in your area who will make up aerosols to order.

I would advise that you paint the cover before fitting it - make it easy for yourself.

Check out my guide in the 'how-to' section of the forum if you want a bit more info.

All the best,

Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, Paul.....appreciate the reply.

Painting it's not a problem, I've got a bit of experience on that side, but it's just matching the colour! :confused:

I'll have another gander at the plate over lunch tomorrow and then see if I can confuse the Halfords kids some more! :devil: :)

Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
im also looking for the right colour for my 2000 clio. I find halfords to be nery unhelpful
Would my local renault dealer stock the paint?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If you are looking to spray paint go to a local car paint supplier - renault usually do small touch ups only:)
Be advised many paint finishes are a two coat process with a base colour covered in a clear laquer

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have those two pages of Renault colour codes, but although description matches to what VelSatisfied said earlier, I think it relates only to Sikkens pints.
I might be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Worth trying T-cut but in all honesty wihout being able to see waht depth the scratches are it is hard to know - go on give it a go:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey guys
I have looked at the infomation on the driver post. And found that my paint number is mv635. But when i have looked at the infomaion chart i cant find my number.
Anybody have any ideas?
thanks
fred

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Fred, I've just checked my paintcode book, and MV635 is Metallise Vernis Gris (a metallic grey/silver).

Any automotive paint supply shop (which make up their own paints) will be able to supply a quantity (either in a touch-up or aerosol form), based on that code.

Hope you get it sorted out (its been a long road).

Paul:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey guys........
was spraypainter when I was young*er*...
..so we allways kept leftovers ........ we gave little amounts to (future)customers for a coffe and a icecream......

I'm sure there is a panelbeater close to you

1 - 18 of 18 Posts